Thursday, August 26, 2010

Playing with "cocks" (Read: Shuttlecocks!!!)


Over the past two weeks, with all the "major, major" brouhaha of Miss Universe 2010 and the tragic event of the hostage taking in Rizal Park, yours truly went a little bit on the athetic side.

Photo from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiaZEOZTNScCdWxpqbmAyYtdwFVvRKCMrJY8UUGb0Day7BNyPCBMw6WKVol3hE6EsuY_bwQBTTmSsnEc1gG_E6OYsaM6AM-2TPZJ_17pA9GKgA4UpIsFy3EnBX1RQQea6FWXtEgufm3L4E/s1600-h/3466_tennis_cartoon.gif

I was invited to a badminton game by my boss and my team mate, Boss Bam and TL Carlo respectively. What sparked the renewed interest was our company-sponsored SportsFest 2010 and wonder of wonders, my boss and I signed up for the mixed doubles of the badminton game.


Now, with having played twice for the past two Wednesdays, I am actually enjoying the experience because playing badminton gave me a very good alternative for trimming down my bulging tummy. I always tried to find a reason not to do cardio exercises in the gym only because running on the threadmill bores me to death.

So now, I get to have fun while sweating the life out of me once a week. On top of all that, I got to hang out with new found friends.

Now if only I can convince my friends to let me play with them. The thing is, they are REALLY, REALLY good at the game and my amateurish skills might just be laughed at.. hehehe (though I know they would never dare.. for fear of being hurt.. nyahaha)

Ricky, Urville.. sali naman ako sa laro nyo.. Puhhleeassee!!!

Photo from: www.thetshirtproject.ph/global
Follow the author in Twitter:  http://twitter.com/AshamanLester

No comments:

Post a Comment