Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Plan for tomorrow…” – 2010 AND BEYOND


I have always liked creating my New Years resolution. I always look forward to making another change in life. Not that I regretted how my previous year turned out but rather, I learned so much from the things that I did before and I love it that with the dawn of a new year, you get that chance to make the new year in your life, much, much better.

I know, I know, some would say that I need not wait for the turn of the New Year to change for the better but there’s a certain novelty with creating your New Year’s resolution and I personally get more motivation knowing that I can leave most of the things behind and look forward to tomorrow. So, with that, I hope you'll indulge me, here’s my New Year’s resolution.

1. Document my life

I have always wanted to document important things that happened to me. You know the travels that I made, the ideas that just popped up my mind which would make a really good article, the movies that I liked and the books that changed my life. Therefore, I created this blog.

Lord knows how many times I tried to create a diary, but I get so bored writing down stuff. It’s more exciting to have a virtual memory that stores it all. It’s easy to access plus,  it’s multi-media. Cool!!!

2. Document my work


Unfortunately, I had difficulties managing my time at work last year because I failed to document everything. My daily task list was in disarray, my files were all over and my schedule was in such a mess that I had to work 14-hour wprk shifts.

This year, I will make sure to always note the important things, finish all items in my daily task list and to remember the topics that me and my agents talked about, I will make sure to always list down our agreed upon resolution. That way, they can’t say that they did not agree to it (wink).

3. Travel more

Well, it’s not really to travel more because I kinda do this a lot already, I guess, it’s more on cataloging my travels so that I know where I’ve been already. My team mate Kirby just told me the other day that he is also planning on creating a TravelBlog and I recommended the site to him.

I think you feel more satisfied with your trip if you have a lasting memento of it. Others like buying trademark products of the place, and some take pictures of the attractions. As a writer, it feels just right to write about these places and describe our thoughts when we were there. Of course, you can add the traditional pictures with your blog so you get the best of both worlds.

Good luck to Kirby and me on this item.

4. Get fitter

I applied for a gym membership starting February 1 at Gold’s Gym. I didn’t want to start right away last January 1 because I know a lot of people would have the same resolution as me and the fitness gyms would be swarming with people. I think that one month into the year, I’d find lesser gym-goers. I just like it better that way.

Summer Grind is fast approaching so I better start cranking those weights soon.

Well, that’s pretty much it. I didn’t want to create too much goals because the 4 mentioned above is already a big load. One step at a time and I hope to make a habit of all these 4.


I've already started 1, 2 and 3 and I hope to be able to sustain all 4 until the end of the year of 2010. I’ll give you an update from time to time on where I am at on these 4. Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment