Thursday, September 23, 2010

When I heard myself ON-AIR!!!


Last Tuesday after work at 7AM, I got into my car and started driving for home. Of course, automatic on my radio is my morning ritual, The Hilary and Scotty Show at Jam 88.3. I am not really an FM radio kind of person but my boyfriend told me how he really likes Scotty's accent so I listened to one of their shows about a month ago and I was hooked!!

These two DJ's just give me the kicks in my morning drive back home. I work in the graveyard shift and get off at 7AM so not only do they make me laugh with their witty comments (from Hilary) and their funny antics (mostly from Scotty. LOL), they actually save my life by keeping me awake while driving until their show ends at 9AM.

Photo from: www.jam883.fm
So, going back to my story, Tuesday at 7AM I tuned in and I heard that they will be giving away advance screening passes for the movie "Legend of the Guardians" if you win in one of their game segment called "Scotty Doesn't Know."

Photo from:  www.jam883.fm
The thing was, they apparently mentioned the exact time they were gonna play the game at their first hour and since I tuned in at the start of their second one, all I got were teasers saying they were gonna play it at their third hour (the exact time, they already mentioned once.)

So at their third hour, prior to the game time, I dialed and was mercilessly teased about it (in a nice way, that is.) They did warn us listeners that they're gonna do it to the unlucky person who gets trigger happy with their phones.

Even though it was a major, major boo-boo from me, I was just so happy that I successfully connected with an actual radio station and, for the first time, heard myself on air. I tried it before when I was in college just to broadcast some greetings but I could never get through.

Anyway, Scotty invited me to call again at the appointed hour (8:20am pala) and I did just that. Luckily for me that day, I was the chosen contestant. Wohooo!!!

The question posed by Hilary to Scotty was: "How often does you stomach lining change so that the acid in the stomach, which should destroy the food, won't destroy the abdominal wall?"

Thankfully for me, Scotty is no expert in human anatomy except for one part of his body, (his heart, duh!!!) so when he answered 13 days, I just figured that the probability of him guessing the right answer from hundreds of possible answer is very, very, very slim so I answered, "Naaahh, Scotty wouldn't know the answer to that." And I was right PEOPLE!!!!

Of course I was nervous the whole time. But since both DJ's were very accommodating, it was an easy ordeal. And the best thing of it all, I got free tickets!!! Woohooo!!!

I am "cordially invited". LOL


The tickets look good!!! I still have it.:-)


So yesterday morning, I got up to Jam 88.3's office at Strata 2000 building in Ortigas center to claim my tickets. When I got to the station, there was a huge glass window and inside was Hilary and Scotty doing their Wednesday show.

I was sooo shy that I didn't even have the courage to say hello to them both. Or just say thanks for the tickets (stupid me.. and ungrateful at that.. yikesss. what would ms. manners say.) I came inside and since Manong Guard was not on his station, I had to wait for him to come back.

Overall, it was great experience. I am definitely a fan for life now. Plus, I got free movie tickets (READ: Advanced screening tickets) with it came the bragging rights that in the entire country, I was part of a small group that saw the film first. :-).

So if you like to catch them both, tune in to Jam 88.3 FM between 6am-9am Mondays to Thursdays or go to their website www.jam883.fm. Add them on Facebook "The Hilary and Scotty Show", Twitter at @hilaryisaac @scottylive .


Follow the author in Twitter:  http://twitter.com/AshamanLester

5 comments:

  1. LoL. You should try it. It's very easy to win . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BTW Nimmy. Thanks for following my blog. I followed you din :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i tried years ago, kaso walang nangyari. hehe.

    eeeeeeee. thanks for following! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. try it sa jam 88.3. This Monday they're giving out John Mayer's concert tickets

    ReplyDelete